Common Mode Filter Choke / Noise Suppressor / Line Isolator
The common-mode filter or choke may be one of the best-kept secrets… www.ARRL.org
- Covers 1-54MHz
- Power 3kW *ICAS
- Common-mode attenuation: ~39dB
- Choking Impedance 3000-7000 Ohms
CMC-154-3K Common Mode Filter Choke / Noise Suppressor / RF line Isolator
This is the one and only true Common Mode Filter Choke / RF line Isolator for 1-54 MHz on the market. PATENT pending! It is only product with over 7000 Ohms of CMI on 50MHz while maintaining a Resistive part of CMI for more than 50MHz of the frequency spectrum, actually, it has same values all the way up to 85MHz.
- Perfect to cure RFI/EMI problems.
- Great noise suppressor!
- Common-mode attenuation is up to 39dB max. (measured in 50 Ohms systems)
It is a cure for noisy locations, reduce the noise floor of your receiver by several S-units instantly. If you have unbalanced antennas such as OCF dipole or your antennas close to your home, adding one CMC154-3K will greatly reduce RF Interference problems on your equipment and 120/220V wiring inside your home. We do not claim “one size fits all” but actually, we design, measure and make such products. Our CMC-154K has huge Resistive values of Common Mode Choking Impedance from 1.8-54MHz, click the chart on the side for actual measurement data.
Unlike other companies, we do not claim unrealistic impedance values or frequency coverage. Most important, the value of CMC-154-3K Common Mode Choking Impedance and its Resistive (Rs) part is always higher than Reactive part (Xs) over the working bandwidth. This parameter, Rs>Xs ensure that our CMC will NOT increase common mode currents as could with inferior coaxial cable chokes.
Only chokes with Resistive (Rs>Xs) CMI- Common Mode Impedance stops and dissipate unwanted RF or noise coming to your equipment for sure.
See the video of CMC’s in action at AC0HF station
- SO-239 PTFE (Teflon®) Connectors which produce no impedance bump but a continuity of coaxial cable where the choke is inserted, it helps minimize leakage of RF in multi/contest stations setups.
- PTFE (Teflon®) insulated coaxial cable used can handle a lot more than legal power (1500W) in The USA. It is rated only to 3kW because of cable limit at the 50MHz.
- The enclosure is UV stable and could be used outside.
Common Mode Impedance data Chart
- Zmag-Impedance Magnitude
- Rs-Series Choking Resistance
- Xs-Series Choking Reactance
*ICAS = Intermittent Commercial and Amateur Service