BL1030T-2K BALUN 1:1 (50:50 Ohms)
This Current type BALUN is perfect replacement for your Yagi antennas with a boom of 2″ (51mm) diameter. It covers 10-30MHz and will be perfect for any multiband antenna such as Cushcraft A3S, A3W A4S with add-on kits, Hy-gain TH3, TH5,TH6DXX, TH7 and TH11 or any WARC multi/single band antenna. Our BL1030T-2K has huge Resistive values of Common Mode Choking Impedance from 10-30MHz of HF spectrum, it even covers a 40m band with over 4000 Ohms choking impedance, click the chart in the image gallery for actual measurement data. Unlike other companies, we do not claim unrealistic impedance values or frequency coverage. Most important, the value of Common Mode Choking Impedance and it’s Resistive (Rs) part is always higher than Reactive part (Xs) over the working bandwidth. This parameter, Rs>Xs ensures that your antenna will be balanced and your coaxial cable will not become part of the radiator and destroy radiation pattern and front to back (rear) ratio. To further improve your antenna system, add complementary CMC-730-5K on the other side of your feed line to reduce induced common mode currents and suppress noise from various sources.
- Bifilar pair wound of AWG#14 Polyimide Coated Magnet Wire on 2 large 2.4″ (61mm) Ferrite cores for maximum Choking Impedance and bandwidth.
- SO-239 PTFE (Teflon) connector and stainless steel hardware and connecting studs.
- Enclosure with mounting bracket for easy installation on 2″(51mm) boom antennas. The enclosure has been tested for UV (Ultra Violet) exposure for past eight years with no impact on material.
- Zmag-Impedance Magnitude
- Rs-Series Choking Resistance
- Xs-Series Choking Reactance
*ICAS = Intermittent Commercial and Amateur Service